Wednesday, January 9, 2008

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Wow, all I can say is "do we have enough snow yet?" Don't get me wrong, I love the white stuff...but when I cant back out of my drive way because my car is stuck, I think I have had enough. I literally think that there is a foot of snow on the ground and that is only at my house. When I drove to my parents it was a crazy mess. I really love the holidays, and snow must be on the ground at Christmas time, but that is it. November to Jan 1st, that is all the snow I need and then my Snow canteen is full. There is one positive thing that came from all of this dreaded white fluff, I did learn that shoveling snow (although it is cold and can hurt your back) is actually fun. I guess growing up in a house with 7 kids you would think that this would be something I would already know. But only now at the age of 21 did I have my first snow shoveling experience. Now I know why my sister-in-law Lisa likes it. It gives me a feeling of power...Yes, you heard me...a feeling of power. I think just because for once I rule the snow and not the other way around, which is usually what happens considering I drive a VW. (plus talk about a good work out!) So even though I don't like being cold, I have a tendency of getting sick, and I hate driving in the stuff, I can appreciate that it is good for my upper body. Although the snow is nice for winter sports and pretty pictures, I cant help but admit that I envy those who live in the warmer climates of this country. But come summer time, you Arizonians, Las Vegas Dwellers, and Florida friends will be wishing you were in my nice, perfect, 85 degree, dry Utah weather. But until then I will just have to wish I was with you people in your 60-70 degrees. Just make sure you enjoy while I sit here in my -4 degrees becoming an icicle as we speak!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm just a plane ride away or a short 12 hour drive....now it the perfect time of year to come see me. It is perfect weather here right now!! Hey thanks for the new post, keep um coming and find that camera.

Carrie said...

Chelsey you are hilarious. I was seriously laughing so hard. I agree with Britt Keep the posts coming. They make me giggle.

Truly and Shane said...

Florida friends, Las Vegas dwellers?? I am laughing as I sit here--you should go into writing. It'd make you a successful girl! I have to admit my "snow canteen" is NEVER too full! I absolutely love the snow! Maybe it's because I love fireplaces so much... but lets be honest Brit and my fam do have it made down there right now, for the mext 3 months! Then it's pure hell. Utah rocks!

lisa louise said...

haha, i'm glad you love shovel the snow like me. its the best, arron can have his snow blower, i like the upper body work out too!!

Nicole said...

Hey you! How are you doing? How is married life? Well I was way excited when I found you page! You look BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to hear from you!

Kayla R. said...

I agree! i love you and miss you! What have you been up to?